RULES OF 11th EDITION
COMPETITION OBJECT · The objective of the XI PORCELANOSA Architecture and Interior Design Awards is to promote the use of products from PORCELANOSA Grupo’s range in architecture and interior design, encouraging the creativity and awareness of new professionals and future talents within the industry.
The competition is divided into two categories, Design of the Year and Project of the Year:
- “DESIGN OF THE YEAR”: Two awards will be given to the best design proposed for this year’s competition.
- One award for professionals: Interior designers and architects.
- One award for students: Interior design and architecture students at all schools, colleges or universities within the industry.
- “PROJECT OF THE YEAR”: One award will be given to the best project completed within the specified dates.
- One award for professionals: Interior designers and architects or a design practice
Participation in both categories can be individual or group and each participant is allowed to submit up to three projects, each clearly identified.
1 “DESIGN OF THE YEAR”.
To enter this category you must design a new layout for the Porcelanosa Grupo’s Exhibition located in its Headquarters in Villareal, Spain. We will provide you with the plans of the space but the rest is up to you. There is only one rule: use products from the Group’s eight brands to bring the project to life.
In order to create the design for Porcelanosa Grupo’s Exhibition area located in its Headquarters in Spain, the candidates should use as many products from the Group as possible. A selection of products manufactured by the eight brands from the Group can be downloaded from the awards website using the 3D Programs button found under the Pre-registration tab. These products must be used in the project as wall and floor coverings for the space or as additional features in the corresponding areas.
The list of products to be used is given below:
- Wall and floor coverings: Venis and Porcelanosa (ceramic tiles), L’Antic Colonial (wood, stone and mosaics), Urbatek (high-performance porcelain tiles), KRION™ Solid Surface and Micro-Stuk from Butech.
- Butech building systems, as well as profiles and Micro-Stuk.
- Noken taps, bathroom fixtures and accessories.
- Washbasins by L’Antic Colonial (natural stone), Noken (ceramic), Systempool (KRION™ Solid Surface) and Gamadecor (bathroom furniture).
- Gamadecor kitchens.
- Additional elements made with KRION™ Solid Surface, such as worktops, tables, shelving or other accessories.
Participants can be as creative as they wish in the design but they cannot alter the features of the products by PORCELANOSA Grupo. The main objective is to create unique spaces using the ranges offered by each brand.
The judges will assess.
- The overall concept of the project.
- The coherence of the individual spaces included in the project.
- Whether the interior design is in line with the chosen concept/theme of the project.
- The creative use of the wall and floor coverings from Porcelanosa, Venis, L’Antic Colonial, Butech and Urbatek throughout the design.
- The creative use of the bathroom and kitchen products from Noken, Gamadecor, Butech, and Systempool where appropriate.
- The inclusion of new decoration, furniture or structural ideas using our products.
- The use of lighting or furniture from already established ranges for layout purposes. There is no need to refer to their specific origin.
- The presentation of the overall the project.
2 “PROJECT OF THE YEAR”.
Any individual, organisation or legal entity (architecture practices, interior design studio, design firm and/or self-employed person, etc.) that has completed a project within the specified time period.
To enter this category you must have fully completed a project using any of the Group’s products between January 2016 and February 2018. Please submit your entries including plans and photos of the final result to be eligible.
Any products from the Group’s eight brands.
The judges will assess.
- The creativity and functionality of the design.
- The use of as many PORCELANOSA Grupo products throughout the project as possible.
- The integration of the projects in its surrounding environment.
- The inclusion of new uses for the products of the Group.
In both categories, the basic documents must include a brief written report stating the objectives and reasons for the interior design solutions applied. This text must be no longer than 200 words and must include details of the lighting, furniture and architectural structures created specifically for the project.
This document must include the technical specifications, detailing the PORCELANOSA Grupo materials used in the corresponding locations.
Patricipants must pre-register by filling in a form for each project on the PORCELANOSA Interiorismo website at www.porcelanosa-interiorismo.com. Individual participants must fill in all the fields with their details; in the case of group entries, the details must be those of the group’s spokesperson (there will be a special tab for the names of the remaining members). Those professionals who want to enter without making reference to any studio must repeat their personal details in this section.
This way, it is understood they enter as individuals/freelance. Once the pre-registration is complete, a reference number, a link, and a password will be provided. Finally, every participant will be able to download the Headquarter floor plans.
The project must be presented in digital format and must be organised in folders as indicated below:
Folder 1: Panels.
A maximum of two panels per project, detailing the plan and elevation from three perspectives in DIN A3 horizontal format. The panels must be in JPG format with a resolution of 300 dpi. The images must show graphically the functionality, concept, use and application of the PORCELANOSA Grupo materials.
Folder 2: Glossary.
This folder must include a description of the project using no more than 200 words, and the technical specifications, detailing the PORCELANOSA Grupo materials used.
Folder 3: Additional Information.
This must include all the graphic information and any additional details as considered suitable. Any images included must have a minimum resolution of 1800x2500 pixels. In the case of the ‘Project of the Year’ category, real photography of the finished work must be included.
These three folders must be included in a general folder featuring only the reference number provided on pre-registration. The general folder must be compressed into a .ZIP type file to be uploaded before or on the submission date.
Projects containing details of their authors will not be accepted.
The shortlist of selected projects will be posted in the virtual gallery under the XI PORCELANOSA Awards link so that all internet users may view, comment and vote for their favourite project.
Projects must be submitted digitally, using the link and password provided on registration together with the reference number.
The folder with the reference number must be posted before 23rd March 2018. Projects that fail to comply with any of the specifications referred to above will not be accepted.
The shortlist of selected projects will be posted in the virtual gallery on the XI PORCELANOSA Awards so that all internet users may view, comment and vote for their favourite project.
The final classification and winners in the various categories will be announced to participants one week prior to the awards ceremony.
PANEL OF JUDGES.
An internationally renowned panel of interior designers, designers, and architects made up of the following members:
- Luis Vidal - Luis Vidal + Architects
- Rebecca Jones – RD Jones
- Ricardo Mateu – UHA London
- Pierre-Yves Rochon - Pierre-Yves Rochon
- Rafael Robledo - Rafael Robledo Arquitectos
The panel of judges may be changed by the competition organisers at any time.
The XI PORCELANOSA Architecture and Interior Design Awards ceremony will take place in Madrid, date TBC. Participants will be informed in due course.
The following awards will be announced during the event:
- Awards for the two categories “Design of the Year” and “Project of the Year” will be announced by the panel of judges at the ceremony in Madrid.
- PORCELANOSA Grupo will give a number awards to various professionals, internationally known, in recognition of their careers and work in the industry.
The “Design of the Year” and “Project of the Year” category awards will include the following:
- Public notification and a prize.
- Presence in all PORCELANOSA Grupo information channels: social media, presence at exhibitions and regional showrooms, etc.
- Features in specialised publications. Dissemination in the sector media, both in Spain and abroad. There will also be special features on website portals.
PORCELANOSA Grupo as a company is committed to innovation and development in architecture and interior design. PORCELANOSA Grupo A.I.E. reserves the rights and intellectual and industrial property both of the winning and shortlisted projects in the “Project of the Year” category. The award shall not result in the production of the project, but if deemed appropriate, PORCELANOSA Grupo A.I.E. shall be entitled to modify it for production purposes, if considered necessary. All materials presented in both categories may be used in exhibitions, samples, or media publications.
Participation in this competition implies acceptance of these rules.
The judges’ decision is final and the minutes with their decision will be published on the website at www.porcelanosa-interiorismo.com once the awards ceremony has been held. In addition, the awards may be declared void if so decided by more than half of the panel.
Three months after the awards ceremony, the company shall destroy the database of the XI PORCELANOSA Awards.
PORCELANOSA Interior Design
Telephone: +34 964 53 45 45
Fax: +34 964 52 71 30
Download the entry rules of the XI PORCELANOSA Architecture and Interior Design Awards 2018.
Picture: Bubble Island Work Studio. Project finalist in the category Future Projects subcategory Students. 10th PORCELANOSA Architecture and Interior Design Awards.