RULES OF 11th EDITION
COMPETITION ORGANISER · PORCELANOSA Grupo as a company committed to innovation and development in architecture and interior design.
COMPETITION OBJECT · The purpose of this competition is to select the best entry that uses materials produced by PORCELANOSA Grupo companies applied to interior design, to encourage the creativity of new and future professionals and contribute to promoting and disseminating their work.
CATEGORIES · The competition is divided into two categories:
- Future Projects, awards will be given to the projects offering the best solution to the interior architecture question described in the following section in each of the subcategories given below:
- Professionals: open to interior designers and architects.
- Students: aimed at interior design and architecture students at all schools of design or architecture and universities.
- Completed Projects, awards will be given to the best projects using mostly materials from PORCELANOSA Grupo companies, completed between January 2016 and February 2018.
Participation in both categories can be individual or group and each participant is allowed to submit up to three projects, each clearly differentiated and identiﬁed.
1 FUTURE PROJECTS.
Making of a proposal for the showroom at the PORCELANOSA Grupo headquarters in Vila-real (Castellón). The project will take into account the exhibition area, so the organization will provide, upon inscription, the Autocad drawings for the area. The concept, layout, display stands, spaces... will be totally free and will have to show the possibilities and potential as regards materials offered by Group’s 8 brands.
As it is a showroom for the Group’s 8 brands, all of them shall be represented, so several products from every company shall be used. A selection of products manufactured by the Group’s 8 brands can be downloaded from the awards website at 3D Programs. These products must be used in the project as wall and floor coverings for the space or as additional features in the corresponding areas.
The list of products to be used is given below:
- Wall and floor coverings: Venis and Porcelanosa (ceramic tiles), L’Antic Colonial (wood, stone and mosaics), Urbatek (high-performance porcelain tiles), KRION™ and Micro-Stuk from Butech.
- Butech building systems, as well as profiles and Micro-Stuk.
- Noken taps, bathroom fixtures and accessories.
- Washbasins by L’Antic Colonial (natural stone), Noken (ceramic), Systempool (KRION™ ) and Gamadecor (set/furniture).
- Gamadecor kitchens.
- Additional elements made with Krion™, such as worktops, tables, shelving, etc...
Entrants may innovate, provided they use materials from any of the PORCELANOSA Grupo companies and without altering the actual products. The idea is to create coherent spaces using the product ranges offered by each brand.
- A concept that links and harmonises the two spaces created (retail store and restaurant).
- Coherence of all the spaces included in the proposal.
- Creation of interior designs that are fit for the project purpose.
- Innovative and original use of the various materials from Porcelanosa, Venis, L’Antic Colonial, Butech and Urbatek for the walls and floors in the space.
- Use of Noken, Gamadecor, Butech, and Systempool products in those spaces considered appropriate.
- Creation and design of new decoration, structural, or furniture products.
- The furniture and lighting will only be assessed in terms of the space layout; consequently there is no need to refer to the specific design of each element.
- The presentation, concept and development of the project will be taken into consideration.
2 “COMPLETED PROJECTS”.
Any natural or legal person, regardless of their nationality and nature (architecture, interior design, design firms and self-employed persons, etc.) that has completed the project within the specified time period.
Projects of all types (public spaces, hotels, private homes, business premises, etc.) carried out within the specified time periods using mainly PORCELANOSA Grupo materials.
Any products from PORCELANOSA Grupo’s eight companies.
- Originality and functionality of the project design.
- Use of PORCELANOSA Grupo materials in the project.
- Integration of the project and its interior design in its setting.
- Creation and design of new uses for our materials.
In both categories, the basic documents must include a brief written report stating the rationale, objectives and reasons for the interior design solutions applied. This text must be no longer than 200 words and must include details of the lighting, furniture and architecture structures created specifically for the project.
This document must include the technical specifications, detailing the PORCELANOSA Grupo materials used in the corresponding locations.
Entrants must pre-register by filling in a form for each project on the PORCELANOSA Interiorismo website at www.porcelanosa-interiorismo.com. Individual participants must fill in all the fields with their details; in the case of group entries, the details must be those of the group’s spokesperson (there will be a special tab for the names of the remaining members). Those professionals who want to enter without making reference to any studio must repeat their personal details in this section. This way, it is understood they enter as freelancers. Once the pre-registration is completed, a reference number, a link, and a password will be provided. Finally, every participant will be able to download the Autocad drawings.
The project must be presented in digital format and must be organised in folders, as indicated below:
Folder 1: Panels.
A maximum of two panels per project, detailing the plan and elevation from three perspectives in DIN A3 horizontal format. The panels must be in jpg format with a resolution of 300 dpi. The images must depict graphically the functionality an concept, use and application of the PORCELANOSA Grupo materials.
Folder 2: Dossiers.
This folder must include a description of the project of no more than 200 words, and the technical specifications, detailing the PORCELANOSA Grupo materials used.
Folder 3: Additional information.
This must include all the graphic information and any additional details considered suitable. Any images included must have a minimum resolution of 1800x2500 pixels. In the case of the ‘Completed Projects’ category, actual pictures of the finished work must be included.
These three folders must be included in a general folder featuring only the reference number provided on pre-registration. The general folder must be compressed into a .ZIP type file for uploading on the submission date.
Projects containing details of their authors will not be accepted.
Projects must be submitted digitally, using the link and password provided on registration together with the reference number.
The folder with the reference number must be posted before 23rd March 2018. Projects that fail to comply with any of the specifications referred to above will not be accepted.
The shortlist of selected projects will be posted in the virtual gallery of the 9th PORCELANOSA Awards so that all Internet users may view, comment on and vote for their favourite project.
The final classification and winners in the various categories will be announced to participants one week prior to the awards ceremony.
PANEL OF JUDGES.
An internationally renowned multidisciplinary panel (interior designers, designers, and architects) made up of the following members:
- Luis Vidal - Luis Vidal + Architects
- Rebecca Jones – RD Jones
- Ricardo Mateu – UHA London
- Pierre-Yves Rochon - Pierre-Yves Rochon
- Rafael Robledo - Rafael Robledo Arquitectos
The panel of judges may be changed by the competition organisers.
The 11th PORCELANOSA Architecture and Interior Design Awards ceremony will take place in Madrid, at a date yet to be decided. Participants will be informed in due course.
The following awards will be announced during the event:
- Awards for the two categories “Future projects” and “Completed Projects”. They will be announced in person by the panel of judges.
- PORCELANOSA Grupo will give a number of awards to various professionals of international renown, in recognition of their careers and work in the sector..
The “Future Projects” and “Completed Projects” category awards will consist of the following:
- Public notification and a prize.
- Presence in all PORCELANOSA Grupo information channels: social media, presence at exhibitions and regional showrooms, etc.
- Features in specialised publications. Dissemination in the sector media, both in Spain and abroad. There will also be special features on website portals.
PORCELANOSA Grupo A.I.E. reserves the rights and intellectual and industrial property both of the winning and shortlisted projects in the “Future Projects” category. The award shall not result in the production of the project, but if deemed appropriate, PORCELANOSA Grupo A.I.E. shall be entitled to modify it for production purposes, if considered necessary. All materials presented in both categories may be used in exhibitions, samples, or media publications.
Participation in this competition implies acceptance of these rules.
The judges’ decision is final and the minutes with their decision will be published on the website at www.porcelanosa-interiorismo.com once the awards ceremony has been held. In addition, the awards may be declared void if so decided by half plus one of the judges.
Three months after the awards ceremony, the company shall destroy the database of the 11th PORCELANOSA Awards.
PORCELANOSA Interior Design
Telephone: +34 964 53 45 45
Fax: +34 964 52 71 30
Download the entry rules of the 11th PORCELANOSA Architecture and Interior Design Awards 2010.
Picture: Bubble Island Work Studio. Project finalist in the category Future Projects subcategory Students. 10th PORCELANOSA Architecture and Interior Design Awards.