TERMS AND CONDITIONS
TERMS OF 13th EDITION
ORGANIZING ENTITY · PORCELANOSA Group, as a company committed to the innovation and development of architecture, interior design, real estate and hotel development.
PURPOSE OF THE COMPETITION · The purpose of this competition is to select the best presented project that has used different materials from the eight PORCELANOSA Group companies. The main objective is to promote the creativity activity of new and future professionals, encourage the promotion and exposure of their work and innovate in terms of architecture, strengthening their new proposals.
CATEGORIES · The competition is divided into two categories:
- “Design of the Future”, which will award the project that sets out the best solution for the retail sector in the following sub-categories:
- Professionals: intended for interior designers, architects and real estate developers..
- Students: aimed at students of interior design and architecture from all design schools, architecture schools and universities.
- “Design of the Year”, which will award the best projects carried out primarily with materials from the eight PORCELANOSA Group companies, completed between January 2019 and February 2020.
Participation in the student category can be as an individual or as a group, with a maximum of three people per group. In the professionals category, registration can be as a freelancer or in representation of a business. In both cases, only the details of the spokesperson need to be included, and a maximum of three projects can be submitted per candidacy, well differentiated and individually identified.
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE PROJECT.
1 “DESIGN OF THE YEAR”.
Develop an interior architecture proposal that represents a hotel lobby linked to the needs of the sector. The project must incorporate materials from the eight companies of PORCELANOSA Group, including a café or restaurant with a kitchen, public bathrooms and various communal areas
All the textures and CAD blocks that participants want to use for their projects can be downloaded using a form on tour website: 3D Programs
The products to be used are:
- Wall coverings and floorings: Venis and Porcelanosa (ceramics), L’Antic Colonial (wood, stone and mosaics), Urbatek (technical porcelain and large-format ceramics), KRION™/K·Life™ and Micro-Stuk by Butech.
- Construction systems: Micro-Stuk coating, technical flooring or adhesives for ceramic tiles from Butech.
- Noken taps, bathroom fixtures and bathroom accessories.
- Washbasins and accessories from L’Antic Colonial (stone and natural wood), Noken (ceramics), Krion (KRION™/K·Life™) and Gamadecor (sets/furniture)
- Gamadecor kitchens.
- Supplementary elements made with KRION™/K·Life™: such as façades, display cases, tables, shelves, etc.
You have a licence to innovate, using only materials from any of the PORCELANOSA Group companies and without altering the product itself. The aim is to create coherent spaces, whilst staying within the lines in which each brand operates.
Points to be evaluated.
- Distribution and uses of PORCELANOSA Group’s materials within the project.
- Concept and structure of the project.
- Development of multidisciplinary and balanced architectural spaces that represent the essence of the PORCELANOSA Group.
- Coherence between all the zones designed within the proposal.
- Adaptation of the design to the structure and components of the project.
- Original presentation of the different PORCELANOSA Group materials. These include the flooring and wall options from Porcelanosa, Venis, L'Antic Colonial, Butech and Urbatek.
- The incorporation of products for bathrooms and kitchens from Gamadecor, Noken, Butech and Krion, which enhance the project.
- The design of new decorative, constructive or furniture products.
- The furniture and lighting will be evaluated according to the spatial distribution in which they are applied. The specific design of each element does not need to be highlighted.
- The presentation, intentionality and development of the project will be evaluated.
- The functionality, accessibility and structure of the construction in the short, medium and long term.
2 “DESIGN OF THE YEAR”.
Any individual or legal entity (architectural firm, interior design firm, design firm, freelancer, etc.) that has completed their project within the established period, regardless of their nationality.
all projects that have been carried out with PORCELANOSA Group materials between January 2019 and February 2020 (public spaces, hotels, private homes, commercial establishments) are eligible.
any product from the eight companies that comprise PORCELANOSA Group.
Points to assess.
- Originality and functionality in the design of the project.
- Application of PORCELANOSA Group materials in the project.
- Integration of the space within the context where it is located.
- New creations and uses of our materials.
- Social and architectural use according to the context of the project.
The appendices to the basic documents required in the two categories mentioned must enclose a brief written dossier. This will be used to justify the design process, development, construction, objectives, solutions and conclusions obtained in each phase of the project.
The text shall not exceed 200 words and shall mention the lighting, furniture and architectural structure processes that have been created specifically for the project.
Technical specifications must be included along with this document, reflecting on the type, location and use established for each PORCELANOSA Group material.
To participate in this event, the contestant must pre-register through the PORCELANOSA Interiorismo website: www.porcelanosa-interiorismo.com, where they will fill in the form for each project with the parameters established according to the category entered. The registration of participants entering individually will include their information. If it is a group, the registration must include the details of the spokesperson. Professionals who register without referring to a particular firm should repeat their personal information in this section. It will then be understood that they are registering as a freelancer
Once the pre-registration is complete, a reference number, a link and a password will be provided for submitting the proposal.
The project must be submitted in digital format with the following structure:
Folder 1: Panels.
A document in DIN A3 format will include the floor plan, elevation views and three perspectives of the project. A maximum of two panels can be submitted per project. Proposals will be in JPG format with a resolution of 300 dpi. Graphical resources must demonstrate the features and technical characteristics of the materials from PORCELANOSA Group
Folder 2: Dossiers.
This will be made up of two files. The first is a descriptive dossier, no longer than 200 words, which will define the basis and the objective of the project. The second, the technical dossier, will list the materials used, indicating their commercial name, the company they belong to and their role within the project.
Folder 3: Additional information.
Graphical information and any appendices related to the project deemed relevant. If these are images, they must have a minimum resolution of 3000x4000 pixels at 300 dpi. In the case of the category 'Design of the Year', these must be real images of the finished work.
These three folders must be contained within a general file, the name of which must be the reference number obtained during pre-registration. The general folder must be compressed in ZIP format and submitted within the established time frame.
Any projects that contain information on their authors, or which do not meet the aforementioned requirements, will not be accepted.
Projects should be submitted online through the link and password obtained during the pre-registration process.
The deadline for submitting the folder with the reference number, is close of play on Monday 15 May 2020. Projects that do not adhere to any of the aforementioned sections will not be accepted.
The first selection of projects will be published in the virtual gallery of the XIII PORCELANOSA Awards, so that participants can see and evaluate their favourite project.
The final classification and winners of the different categories will be announced one week before the awards ceremony through a notification sent to participants. The winner of the 2020 Special Awards, chosen from among the aforementioned winners, will be announced at the event itself.
This is a multi-disciplinary jury formed of internationally renowned architects, interior decorators, designers, hoteliers and real estate developers. The formation of the jury will be published on the Award´s website in accordance with the deadlines scheduled for the submission of projects.
The ceremony of the XIII PORCELANOSA Awards will take place in Madrid, on a yet to be decided date. Once the date has been set, winners will receive an official communication with the time and place where the ceremony will be held. The ceremony will reveal the following winners: 'Design of the Future' and 'Design of the Year', and the 2020 Special Award. These will be announced in person by members of the jury.
PORCELANOSA Group will hand out various honorary awards during the ceremony. These will recognise the careers and calibre of national and international professionals related to the values of the PORCELANOSA Group.
The categories “Design of the Future” and “Design of the Year” will have the following acknowledgment:
- Public notification and awards trophy.
- Publication and mention across all PORCELANOSA Group platforms: social networks, the Group's corporate website, etc.
- Appearance in specialised publications. The awards will be featured in the headliner publications of the sector, both nationally and internationally. There will also be continued follow-up on the web portals where they appear.
- 2020 Special Awards: the Special award that recognises the best project among the winners of the three categories. Benefits include a visit to the 100% Design trade show in London and the brand new PORCELANOSA Group store, courtesy of Viajes El Corte Inglés.
*Flights, accommodation and trade show tickets for a maximum of three people.
PORCELANOSA Group A.I.E. reserves the rights, intellectual and industrial property, both of the winning projects and finalist projects in the category of 'Design of the Future'. The conclusion of the competition does not implicate the execution of the project, but if it deems it convenient, PORCELANOSA Group A.I.E. will have the power to reproduce the proposal, in whole or in part, and may modify it.
All the material presented in all categories can be used in exhibits, displays or the media. Participation in this competition implies acceptance of these terms and conditions.
The jury's decision is final and will be published on the website www.porcelanosainteriorismo.com once the awards have been handed out. Furthermore, the awards may be considered void if more than half of the jury deem it convenient.
Three months after the awards are handed out, the company will destroy the database of the 13th PORCELANOSA Awards.
Telephone: +34 964 507 140
Download the entry terms and conditions of the 13th PORCELANOSA Architecture and Interior Design Awards 2020.
Picture: “Eco Market” Tobi Architects. Design of the Future finalist, Professionals category. 12th Architecture and Interior Design Awards.